- RSS Channel Showcase 4684415
- RSS Channel Showcase 6251423
- RSS Channel Showcase 7182348
- RSS Channel Showcase 4255707
Articles on this Page
- 12/18/15--11:37: _Canadian special fo...
- 12/21/15--12:29: _‘We need to fight s...
- 02/01/16--10:42: _Canadian fighter je...
- 02/08/16--11:08: _Canada to cease air...
- 02/09/16--16:02: _Canada’s new missio...
- 02/14/16--12:32: _Is Canada training ...
- 03/30/16--15:09: _Learning lessons fr...
- 06/20/16--12:59: _Opposition urges Li...
- 06/23/16--13:00: _Canada to co-host I...
- 07/04/16--08:41: _Canada condemns dea...
- 09/08/16--07:56: _Canadian aircraft s...
- 10/11/16--13:25: _Special forces comm...
- 10/18/16--14:55: _Mosul operation rai...
- 12/01/16--14:11: _Thousands of Yazidi...
- 12/05/16--10:36: _Canadian volunteer ...
- 12/07/16--11:14: _Canadian volunteer ...
- 02/20/17--15:04: _Canada reaffirms co...
- 04/17/17--14:25: _Canadian air crew h...
- 12/18/15--11:37: Canadian special forces involved in large battle with ISIS
- 12/21/15--12:29: ‘We need to fight smarter,’ says Canada’s ‘bad-ass’ defence minister
- 02/01/16--10:42: Canadian fighter jets strike targets in Syria and Iraq
- 02/08/16--11:08: Canada to cease air strikes against ISIS by Feb. 22
- 02/09/16--16:02: Canada’s new mission in Iraq increases risks for soldiers: experts
- 02/14/16--12:32: Is Canada training a separatist army in Iraq?
- 03/30/16--15:09: Learning lessons from Yugoslav tribunal
- 06/23/16--13:00: Canada to co-host Iraq pledging conference
- 07/04/16--08:41: Canada condemns deadly Baghdad bombing
- 09/08/16--07:56: Canadian aircraft still fighting Daesh
- 12/01/16--14:11: Thousands of Yazidis are ready to move to Canada: NGO
- 12/05/16--10:36: Canadian volunteer fighting ISIS arrested in Iraq: mother
- 12/07/16--11:14: Canadian volunteer released from Iraqi prison: mother
- 02/20/17--15:04: Canada reaffirms commitment to bring in Yazidi refugees
- 04/17/17--14:25: Canadian air crew head to northern Iraq
Canadian Special Operations Forces were involved in a pitched battle against ISIS militants in northern Iraq alongside their Kurdish trainees, returning fire from the ground as two Canadian fighter jets pounded the militants from the air. The 17-hour battle was…»
Canada and its allies need a much better analysis of the political situation in the world’s hotspots and have to learn from previous mistakes to prevent the emergence of radical organizations that take advantage of power vacuums left by the…»
While federal politicians in Ottawa squabble over Canada’s role in the fight against ISIS militants, Canadian fighter jets in the region have been busy pounding the group’s positions in Syria and Iraq. Just in the last week of January, Canadian…»
Canada will stop its participation in coalition airstrikes against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) no later than Feb. 22, while it triples the number of special forces deployed to train Iraqi Kurdish forces on the ground for the next…»
The Liberal government’s decision to stop the bombing campaign in Iraq and Syria and focus on training Kurdish forces in Northern Iraq increases the risks for Canadian special forces stationed there, say Canadian defence experts. Under the new plan, the…»
In the millennia-old history of Kurds, there has never been a time when this ancient people of the Middle East were so tantalisingly close to statehood. And if in the next few years, the Kurds do manage to bridge their…»
The conviction of the former Bosnian Serb president Radovan Karadzic for crimes against humanity offers important lessons for a peace process in Syria and Iraq, says a Canadian international law expert. “International law and human rights are meaningless if we…»
The recognition of genocide committed by the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and Syria against the Yazidi minority by the Liberal government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau last week was “too little, too late,” says an opposition member of parliament…»
Canada will join with the United States, Germany and Japan to co-host the Pledging Conference in Support of Iraq, in Washington, D.C., next month, Canadian officials said today. The pledging conference, which will kick off on July 20, comes at…»
Canada “strongly condemns” Sunday’s suicide bomb attack in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, that killed at least 165 people, said Foreign Affairs Minister Stéphane Dion. “Once again, the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) demonstrates its complete disregard…»
Under Canada’s previous Conservative government, six CF-18 fighter jets had joined the US-led coalition bombing mission in 2014 against the terrorists in Iraq and Syria. In February of this year, a few months after being elected, the federal Liberal government…»
A court martial found the commander of Canada’s elite special forces guilty of accidentally firing his weapon during a visit to Iraqi frontlines and fined him $2,000 on Tuesday. Maj.-Gen. Michael Rouleau had pleaded guilty after he was charged under…»
As Iraqi security forces and Kurdish peshmerga units push deeper into ISIS-controlled territory to recapture Iraq’s second largest city, the plight of Mosul’s civilian population is top on the minds of humanitarian and military experts. Around 1.5 million people still…»
Canadian authorities looking for candidates for resettlement in Canada among Yazidi refugees scattered in camps in northern Iraq will have no shortage of applicants, says a Yazidi NGO working with the refugees. “If you give a chance to people to…»
A Canadian volunteer who has spent the past six months fighting ISIS alongside Kurdish forces has been arrested in northern Iraq, Canadian officials confirmed Monday. Michael Kennedy, 32, a former Canadian soldier, was on his way back to Canada, trying…»
A Canadian volunteer arrested in northern Iraq last week has been released from prison, his mother says. Kay Kennedy told VOCM radio in Newfoundland that her son, Michael Kennedy, a former Canadian soldier who spent the last six months fighting…»
With less than two days left on a Parliament-mandated deadline to relocate to Canada persecuted Yazidi refugees from northern Iraq, the federal government says it remains devoted to meeting its commitment but has yet to unveil any details. “Canada has…»
About 60 members of the Royal Canadian Air Force’s 408 Tactical Helicopter Squadron, based in Edmonton, Alberta, departed for northern Iraq on Monday to relieve their comrades in arms from Quebec who’ve been in Iraqi Kurdistan for the last six…»